5 March 2010

Re-Cap of Glastonbury Part Two

The next part I will cover both the wells that we visited on our trip. The Chalice Well and The White Spring. It was truly a strange experience to say the least. Bearing in mind both of these sites sit on the opposite side of the same road to each other, the different energy they both give off is astounding.

The Chalice Well

The only way I can describe the energy of this place would be to compare it to a place where dedicated meditation occurs. The level of tranquillity that flows within these gardens just has to be experienced personally before you can appreciate it to its full.
You could really just go to those gardens and be there for hours on end! I can say for sure I will miss this place, throughout my travels I have never come to such a garden that offers so much peace. To me it felt like the chalice well had its own bubble of energy. Bearing in mind this garden is situated right next to a main road and is elevated as its on the same hill the Tor is located. However you could not hear one car from within.

The garden has been split into several smaller area's and there is no problem finding your own private place to spend some time reflecting without being disturbed. There was also a place to bathe within the water as well as drink it. I gave the water a try there and the purity of it was unbelievable!

I can only highly recommend this place to people, I would even go as far to say it may help people with conditions such as depression. It has that kind of reassuring affect on you. I know my words will not do the chalice well gardens justice so go see for yourself :)

The White Spring

The contrast of this particular place compared to the chalice was almost an exact opposite. Me and my partner were told this place was the masculine spring, compared to the chalice which was feminine.
It does not look like much from the outside just an old rag stone cube like building. But once you step over the threshold and enter the dark room that holds the well. You get hit for six! When I entered I was immediately drawn to the huge well in the middle of the room, the energy that came from within was shocking. A real raw feeling to it that just made me lost for words. Despite the temperature during our visit the place felt warm and the water more so.

It was also interesting to see that the water was almost allowed to just flow over the top of the well and onto the floor. If you are brave enough they do let you enter the well itself, providing you do not mind strangers walking by! But the place is very very dark only lit by a few candle's dotted around the place. As we walked around we noticed a few smaller shrine's in the building where people were sat making offerings. The thing that caught me and my partner was the bigger shrine which you can see in the picture above. At the end of the little walkway there was a painting of what we believe was bridgid. Again this knocked both of us for six it is clear this shrine is highly used and I felt a lot of healing was undertaken there as well as in the well.

It was amusing how it worked out we visited the chalice well first....Maybe we should of done it the other way round so we had the ideal place to calm down after our visit to the white spring! Again I cannot suggest enough that you visit this place, be aware though that it does not have any set opening hours as it is run by volunteers. Me and my partner only managed to visit the place once over our 4 days and believe me we did try to get another visit :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment